AIKIDO NO SEKAI (World of Aikido) is a free online resource for literature on non-violence, peace, and everything Aikido.
There are articles, videos about Aikido basics, and links at your disposal. For ease of navigation:
- Links to all published works are listed chronologically on the Article Index menu above.
- All poems can be accessed by clicking the Poetry menu.
- Videos can be accessed under the Videos menu.
- Tell us how we can help you know more by suggesting topics through the FEEDBACK (´▽｀)ノ♪ menu above. Comments written here will remain private. We are very interested in what you have to say. We will get back to you as soon as we can.
- There is a Search Field that you can use to search for any topics you may want to read about.
To ensure the integrity of all published works, all posts are researched and re-evaluated by our team before publishing.
Thank you for visiting. Have fun exploring!
BRIEF INTRODUCTION ABOUT AIKIDO
Aikido is a Japanese Budo developed in the 21st century. Although being a relatively new martial way, it has steadily been gaining worldwide renown for the past decades.
“Aikido” is formed using three kanji:
合 – ai – joining, unifying, combining, love
気 – ki – spirit, energy
道 – dō – way, path
Aikido was created by Morihei Ueshiba O’Sensei (Great Teacher). After the founder’s passing in 1969, his son Kisshomaru Ueshiba was inaugurated as Aikido Doshu (Master of the Way) until his death in 1999.
Since then, Moriteru Ueshiba, grandson of the Founder, has succeeded his father as current Aikido Doshu. Mitsuteru Ueshiba, the great-grandson of O’Sensei, is often referred to as Waka-Sensei (Young Teacher).
Aikido can simply be translated as “The Budo of Love.”